Pop up shops checklist
Pop up shops, once unheard of, are popping up everywhere. Surry Hills, Redfern and Paddington are traditionally popular suburbs for pop ups but occasionally one can be found in a function room of a local club. Recently Alexandria and Rosebery, near the airport have also become popular with factories available for short term lease.
From just one day to up to a week, these events are used to clear excess stock, end of season lines, and large and small sizes of popular items.
Retailers also use them to get exposure in other locations. Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane and even international retailers can set up in Sydney for relatively low cost.
Plenty of venues are available and popular spots include Paddington Town Hall, 17 Oxford St Paddington and the Byron Kennedy Hall at EG for larger events and loads of parking for customers.
Bringing just the stock, the rest of the pop up shop furniture can be hired. Items can be delivered directly to the pop up shop venue and collected when the sale has finished.
Use this handy checklist to make sure everything is covered:
- Tables – for display.
- Table Cloths – for a more upmarket look or to hide stock boxes under tables.
- Chairs – for staff.
- Clothes Racks – for display.
- Hangers – for clothes – timber or plastic.
- Partitions – for change rooms or to hide a zone.
- Mirrors – for change rooms.
- Sandwich boards – for signage.
- Bollards and Red Ropes – for crowds or to create a luxury look.
- Vintage Trestle Tables – for an eye catching display area or payment zone.
- Crates – for display.
- Easels – for display.
Need something else? Ask us. We may have it or be able to get it for you.